Let’s demonstrate how we can rally to help a sister agency serve their small customers!
The Division of Family and Children Services needs our help to make Christmas special for foster children throughout Georgia. Currently, Santa will be short on his visits to over 6,700 children in 124 counties by Christmas morning. There are currently 11,656 children, ages 0-21, in foster care. The goal is to fill as many wish lists as possible.
How can you help? There are a few ways:
- Contact DFCS to sponsor children: Based on the number of children that you would like to shop for, they will supply a list containing their first name, age, sex, race and county of residence.
- Agency Toy Drive: Collect troys from staff. DFCS will match toys with the children’s wish lists.
- Monetary Donation (by check or website): Check can be mailed to the DFCS office (2 Peachtree Street, Suite 19-472, Atlanta, 30303) made payable to: DHS Secret Santa, or you can go online and donate via PayPal.
You can click on Secret Santa Program for more information! That’s it! Someone will wrap and deliver the toy on your behalf on Christmas morning.
Thank you for helping to make the holiday season bright for kids in foster care!
Are you and your family planning to drive to a holiday get-together this year? As we begin the busiest travel season of the year, the Georgia Department of Administrative Services’ Risk Management Division offers some simple tips to help make your drive to spend time with family and friends a smooth one, so you can arrive at your destination safely and without incident.
- Check behind vehicles before moving
- Maintain a safe distance between vehicles
- Make sure your vehicle is in good repair
- Reduce speed, especially during inclement weather
- If you drink, don’t drive
- Always use safety belts and child safety seats
- Plan your trip – Give yourself plenty of time and schedule rest stops and activities for small children
- Leave an itinerary with a friend so that someone will know where you are
- Keep your cell phone charged
- Don’t overload your vehicle or obstruct your view with luggage and/or packages
- Avoid eating heavy meals right before driving, as this can lead to sleepiness
- Get a good night’s sleep before traveling
In case you encounter inclement weather, carry an emergency kit that contains:
- First-aid supplies
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- A shovel
- Quick-energy foods, nutrition bars, or dried fruits and nuts and water
- Sand, salt or cat litter for traction
The annual enrollment period for 2016 benefits runs October 19 – November 6, 2015. Go to My Benefits for a complete list of annual enrollment resources.
For additional information, visit a Benefit Fair near you to talk with knowledgeable representatives. Deciding which benefit is best for you can be a complex one to make. Take time to explore all of the benefit options available and review the changes to help you make your selections.
Remember, you must visit two separate websites in order to add or change elections for health insurance and flexible benefits.
Health Insurance Information
Visit the State Health Benefit Plan’s 2016 Open Enrollment web page for detailed information about plan changes, rate increases and wellness plan requirements.
The 2016 Decision Guide for Active members of the State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) is now available online. New plan options are now available at the Bronze, Silver and Gold benefit level, so review the guide carefully to determine which offering is right for you and covered members of your family.
If you have questions, reach out to SHBP Member Services at 1-800-610-1863.
Flexible Benefits Information
Go to My Benefits on TeamGeorgia.gov for quick links to the 2016 You Decide booklet, rate sheets and other materials. Please read the “What’s New” Fact Sheet for changes and enhancements to several flexible benefit plans.
Employees may select any of the following flexible benefits:
- Dental insurance
- Vision plans
- Life insurance (employee, spouse and child coverage)
- Accidental death & dismemberment
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Specified illness
- Long-term care
- Legal insurance
- Health care flexible spending account
- Dependent care flexible spending account
Once you have made your selections and enrolled in the flexible benefits program, you will be asked to take a short, 5-minute survey. This survey is designed to help us improve the value of our benefits package so that we can attract and retain quality talent.
For questions or assistance with your flexible benefits, call 1-877-342-7339.