Starting a Path2College 529 Plan account can mean less college debt for your child in the future and tax advantages for you today. Contributions made to the Path2College 529 Plan by April 15 are eligible for a Georgia income tax deduction for the previous year. (Limitations apply. See disclosure booklet for details.) Help your loved one achieve their dreams while spending less of your own hard-earned income on taxes. Tax advantages and flexible features can help:
- Georgia income tax deduction on contributions up to $2,000 each year for each beneficiary. (Please note that a transfer of funds from another state’s 529 plan is not eligible for the Georgia income tax deduction. Recapture provisions apply. See disclosure booklet for details.)
- Tax-free growth on any earnings
- Withdrawals free from Georgia and federal income taxes when used for qualified higher education expenses such as tuition, fees, books, supplies and certain room and board costs
- Use of funds at any eligible institution in the nation and some abroad
- Ability to transfer the account to another eligible family member
- Choice of seven low-cost investment options
- Minimum contribution of only $25 to get started
Make the Path2College 529 Plan a part of your savings strategy.
Many families hope to see their child or loved one graduate from college someday, but it takes more than hope to get there. The Path2College 529 Plan is a 529 Plan that can help your family get there. Investing in education is a smart move, and the tax advantages built into the Path2College 529 Plan can make it an important part of your overall college funding strategy. For more information visit www.path2college529.com or call 1.877.424.4377.
Consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing in the Path2College 529 Plan. Visit www.path2college529.com for a Disclosure Booklet containing this and other information. Please read it carefully.
Before investing in a 529 plan, you should consider whether the state you or your beneficiary reside in or have taxable income in has a 529 plan that offers favorable state income tax or other benefits that are only available if you invest in that state’s 529 plan.
Account value for the Investment Options is not guaranteed and will fluctuate based upon a number of factors, including general market conditions.
TIAA‐CREF Tuition Financing, Inc., Program Manager.