This site is designed for managers and employees throughout the state to provide an overview of Georgia’s Performance Management Process (PMP) and to provide tools and resources to use the process more effectively. For questions about your agency’s specific guidelines and deadlines, contact your agency’s HR office. Value of Performance Management
- Drives Accountability throughout the organization
- Ensures there is alignment between individuals’ goals and objectives and their agency’s goals and strategic plans
- Drives clear expectations with measurable, objective criteria
- Provides opportunities for feedback to employees
- Supports individual development planning to expand individuals’ skill sets
Guiding Principles of Performance Management
- People drive improved performance, not forms. Focus is relationships and feedback.
- Performance management is a partnership between the manager and the employee.
- There should be no surprises at review time.
- Specific and objective feedback is key.
- All individual performance goals should be linked to those of the department or agency.
- Performance should be evaluated on what is to be accomplished as well as how it is to be accomplished.
- Performance should be carefully measured and documented to ensure fairness and objectivity.
Georgia Performance Management Process Overview
- Georgia PMP Quick Reference Guide
- Georgia PMP Overview
- Georgia PMP Managers Guide
- Georgia PMP Process Timeline
- Georgia Performance Management Form_MSWord
- Georgia Performance Management Form Instructions
- Georgia PMP Competency Overview and Dictionary
- Georgia PMP Rating Scale
- Employee ePerformance Job Aid
- Manager ePerformance Job Aid
- Georgia Performance Management Form_Excel
- Frequently Asked Questions
Performance Planning Tools
- An Employees Guide to Setting Expectations
- Creating Performance Plans_Manager Job Aid
- Setting and Achieving SMART Objectives
- Competency-Based Development Guide
Performance Coaching Tools
- Monitoring Performance
- Coaching Performance
- Coaching Questions
- Performance Notes_Manager and Employee Job Aid
Performance Evaluation Tools
- Writing Your Self Evaluation
- Employee Evaluation Process_Employee Job Aid
- Completing Employee Evaluation_Manager Job Aid
- Rater Evaluation Errors
- Approval Process_Reviewing Manager Job Aid
- Delegation of Approval_Reviewing Manager Job Aid
- Finalizing the Performance Evaluation_Manager Job Aid
- Employee Guide to Performance Discussions
- Conducting Effective Performance Feedback Sessions
- Questions for Performance Discussions
- Manager Override Process_Manager Job Aid
- Hierarchy Review_Reviewing Mgr Job Aid
Performance Recognition Tools
Performance Management Training