This site is designed for managers and employees throughout the state to provide an overview of Georgia’s Performance Management Process (PMP) and to provide tools and resources to use the process more effectively.
For questions about your agency’s specific guidelines and deadlines, contact your agency’s HR office.
Value of Performance Management
- Drives Accountability throughout the organization
- Ensures there is alignment between individuals’ goals and objectives and their agency’s goals and strategic plans
- Drives clear expectations with measurable, objective criteria
- Provides opportunities for feedback to employees
- Supports individual development planning to expand individuals’ skill sets
Guiding Principles of Performance Management
- People drive improved performance, not forms. Focus is relationships and feedback.
- Performance management is a partnership between the manager and the employee.
- There should be no surprises at review time.
- Specific and objective feedback is key.
- All individual performance goals should be linked to those of the department or agency.
- Performance should be evaluated on what is to be accomplished as well as how it is to be accomplished.
- Performance should be carefully measured and documented to ensure fairness and objectivity.
Georgia Performance Management Process Overview
- Georgia PMP Quick Reference Guide
- Georgia PMP Overview
- Georgia PMP Manager’s Guide
- Georgia PMP Process Timeline
- Georgia Performance Management Form – FY2013
- Completing the Paper-Based Performance Management Form
- Georgia PMP Competency Overview and Dictionary
- Georgia PMP Rating Scale
- Accessing and Using ePerformance
- Employee ePerformance Job Aid
- Manager ePerformance Job Aid
- Paper-Based Process for ePerformance
- Frequently Asked Questions
Performance Planning Tools
- An Employee’s Guide to Setting Expectations
- Creating Performance Plans – Manager’s Job Aid
- Setting and Achieving SMART Objectives
- Competency-Based Development Guide
Performance Coaching Tools
- Monitoring Performance
- Coaching Performance
- Coaching Questions
- Performance Notes – Manager and Employee Job Aid
Performance Evaluation Tools
- Writing Your Self-Evaluation
- Employee Evaluation Process – Employee Job Aid
- Completing Employee Evaluation – Manager Job Aid
- Rater Evaluation Errors
- Approval Process – Reviewing Manager Job Aid
- Delegation of Approval – Manager Job Aid
- Finalizing the Performance Evaluation – Manager Job Aid
- Employee Guide to Performance Discussions
- Conducting Effective Performance Feedback Sessions
- Questions for Performance Discussions
- Manager Override Process – Manager Job Aid
- Hierarchy Review – Reviewing Manager Job Aid
Performance Recognition Tools
Performance Management Training